Land Line Now, Nov. 12, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Navy veteran Mike Gilmore says he was at the end of his rope. Today, he credits the Veterans Community Project with saving his life.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
It’s Day 4 of the 2020 OOIDA Truckers for Troops Telethon. A meeting on truck parking is scheduled for December; two major crossings on the Ohio River are closed indefinitely; and wat kind of Mickey Mouse operation is this, anyway?
II. Veteran helps his brothers and sisters
Veterans Community Project isn’t just for veterans. It’s also run by veterans. And that’s one of the factors that makes it work, according to their president of national expansion.
III. Sometimes, it’s a life saved
Navy veteran Mike Gilmore says he was at the end of his rope. Today, he credits Veterans Community Project with saving his life.
IV. Truckers issue challenges
We’ll check in with OOIDA’s Membership Department about what truckers are saying as they call in – including some who are issuing challenges to their fellow truckers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn how you can take part in Truckers for Troops and show your support for our troops overseas and veterans here at home.
- Call 816-229-5791 anytime during business hours. After hours, call that same number and press 1 to leave your name and phone number. OOIDA’s Membership Department will call you back during business hours.
- Sign up or renew online – just put the word “troops” in the space for promo code.
- Vince Morales of Veterans Community Project has a podcast titled “Classes of Veteran,” in which he talks with fellow vets and gets their stories. You can listen to episodes here.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Bucksville, Ala., located at Exit 100 off Interstates 20 and 59. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Learn more about the Veterans Community Project.
- Take a look at the Veterans Community Project “navigation center.”
- Learn more about Mentoring the Force, another organization helping veterans.
- The National Coalition on Truck Parking will conduct its fifth meeting from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. CST on Dec. 1. This time, the meeting will be virtual and open to the public. To register for the event, click here.