LLN (7/3/19) – National rates for vans and reefers hit highest mark this year, while holiday-related goods moved early in the week. Also, a trucking company worked with police to make good use of a load of chicken. We’ll have advice on what to do if you find yourself caught in an Arizona dust storm. Meanwhile, the drop in diesel prices slows down to a trickle. And a Michigan lawmaker works to end the state’s split speed limit.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:42 – Truckers, police and chicken; dust storm advice
24:42-39:40 – Van, reefer rates, diesel drop slows
39:40-49:25 – Michigan split speed limit
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen truck. The white 2007 Freightliner Conventional has “CCC Trucking LLC” written on the sides. It was last seen along the West Frontage Road in Jackson, Miss. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery.
- You can find more information about TracerSystem.us.
- If you have information, call 202-246-2698.
- You can also read Land Line Magazine’s: Freightliner trucks stolen in Louisiana, Mississippi.
- Starting July 11, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Walcott Truckers Jamboree. That takes place at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit Schedule.
A trucking company recently found themselves stuck with a load of chicken so they did what anybody would do – they called the police. Terry Scruton has that story plus some information about what you should do if you find yourself caught in an Arizona dust storm.
- You can find more information on dust storm safety from the Arizona DOT at http://pullasidestayalive.org/
With July 4th landing on Thursday, holiday-related goods moved early in the week, and national rates for vans and reefers hit highest mark this year. Mary McKenna talks with Peggy Dorf of DAT, a company that provides market information for owner operators, carriers, brokers and shippers.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Average diesel prices drop for sixth straight week, but only by a small margin. Mary McKenna offers a detailed update on the price of diesel fuel and crude oil, including a break down by region and analysis.
- Read this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, Declining diesel price trend seems to be sputtering.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
An effort underway at the Michigan statehouse would eliminate the state’s speed limit differentials. Also, an effort on the move in the Ohio House would mandate centerline rumble strips on certain roadways. Mark Reddig finds out about the latest efforts regarding left lane use from OOIDA’s Mike Matousek and Land Line Magazine’s Keith Goble.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Michigan bill would nix speed limit differentials.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine, Ohio House bill would mandate centerline rumble strips.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit the OOIDA Legislative Watch page.