Land Line Now, Nov. 3, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Two federal vaccine mandates are in the pipeline. We’ll cover the two, and a member of the U.S. Senate trying to exempt essential workers.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
OOIDA files a formal complaint about the National Consumer Complaint Database. A number of transportation-related issues are approved by voters on Election Day. And the truck parking bill adds another co-sponsor.
II. Good brokers, bad brokers, what’s a trucker to do?
We all know that there are good, honest brokers out there who follow the rules and treat truckers well. And we all know there are also the other kind. Those bad brokers generate all kinds of difficulties for the truckers they depend on to complete deliveries. So what’s a trucker to do?
III. Hot and cold running freight
What makes demand on some lanes, with certain freight types red hot, while others remain stone cold? Dean Croke of DAT says he’s been getting that question quite a lot over the past 18 months. He’ll offer up the answer, before jumping into the latest trends and numbers in the spot market.
IV. Vaccine mandates explained, plus the latest on exemptions
Two federal vaccine mandates are in the pipeline. We’ll cover the two, and a member of the U.S. Senate is trying to exempt essential workers – including truck drivers – from those vaccine mandates.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- For election results in your state visit Land Line’s Daily News by State page.
- The OOIDA Truckers for Troops campaign starts Monday, Nov. 8 and runs until the start of business Monday, Nov. 15. You can join OOIDA or renew your membership for a discounted rate, and 10% of that will go toward care packages for troops and to support the Veterans Community Project. OOIDA will match that money.
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Ingrid Brown Petro in Oklahoma City. That’s at Exit 127 off Interstate 40E and Exit 154 off Interstate 40W. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- If a carrier, shipper, receiver or broker coerces you to violate regulations, document the coercive act and call 888-368-7238 or file a complaint online to the National Consumer Complaint Database.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.