Land Line Now – Sept. 30, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
New guidance regarding a vaccine mandate for federal contractors covers which contractors – and who at those companies – would be affected.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Federal regulators expect more than 200 crashes a year involving automated vehicles. Atlanta police pull no punches calling out people seen hitching rides on semis. And there’s more than one way to catch an alligator .
II. Vaccine mandate for federal contractors
New guidance is out regarding a vaccine mandate for federal contractors – including which contractors would be covered and who at those companies would be affected. Also, an FMCSA official answers tuckers’ questions, and a new form for using the hours of service emergency order.
III. Electric vehicle requirement in New York
A new law in New York would require all new passenger vehicles be electric within 14 years, while Pennsylvania eyes a weigh station bypass system. We’ll have information about upcoming truck shows on the Land Line Now Industry Calendar.
IV. The computer chip shortage and trucking
By now, you’ve likely heard about the national shortage of computer chips and how it’s affecting things such as car manufacturing. But as a trucker, you may also have experienced how it’s affecting the industry, creating real problems for truck owners. And we’ll have an update on the bipartisan infrastructure bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in Salina, Kan. That’s at Exit 252 off Interstate 70. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Read more and listen to last week’s Town Hall session at GBATS with Joe DeLorenzo here.
- Get the details on FMCSA’s Emergency Declaration Reporting requirements.
- The White House has issued guidance on vaccinations for federal contractors. Find out more here.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- You can find upcoming truck shows and events here.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.