A mistaken announcement from Canadian officials about a vaccine mandate has been reversed and corrected, leaving many truckers confused – and upset.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
Canada clears up its upcoming cross-border vaccine requirements after some confusion earlier in the week. Coming soon: the new DOT program pumping money into a bridge near you. And the young hacker exposing some serious safety and security concerns about Tesla vehicles.
II. Cutting back on the stress
It’s a stressful time of year and you have a stressful job. Dawn Harrison of Rolling Strong offers some tips on how to bring your stress levels down, whether you’re out on the road or back at home.
III. Employee vs. independent contractor – a unique case
Who is an employee and who is an independent contractor? That’s not an uncommon question. However, in his travels, Marty Ellis has run into a rather unique example.
IV. Vaccine mandate and other measures are go, Canada says
A mistaken announcement from Canadian officials has been reversed and corrected, leaving many truckers confused – and upset. We’ll offer some straight facts and clear up some confusion.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in El Paso, Texas. That’s at Exit 37 off Interstate 10. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Learn more about how Rolling Strong can help you on your way to better health.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- Canada’s Border Services Agency is reminding all travelers coming into Canada that they must submit their mandatory information in ArriveCAN. You can get full details on measures in place online.