Land Line Now, Sept. 20, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A COVID-19 vaccine mandate is likely coming for companies with more than 100 employees – how will it affect you? We’ll have the facts.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
OOIDA takes aim at an exemption request filed by one of nation’s largest carriers, citing safety concerns. The Truckload Carriers Association voices concern about the impact of a potential vaccine mandate on the trucking industry. And Ford wants to buy you a drink.
II. New entrant safety audit
The new entrant safety audit – or really, any safety audit – is a big deal for any trucker. But it doesn’t have to be the cause of overwhelming stress. Help is available. We’ll explain.
III. The chip shortage and trucks
The global chip shortage affecting heavy-duty truck manufacturing shows no sign of letting up. Tom Berg, contributing editor to Land Line Magazine, explains the snowball effect that’s having on the market right now and tells us how long it’s likely to last. Plus, the most recent Technology & Maintenance Council meeting included talk about electric trucks and electronic braking systems.
IV. Vaccine mandate – what are the facts?
A COVID-19 vaccine mandate is likely coming for companies with more than 100 employees – how will it affect you? We’ll have the facts. Also, the global computer chip shortage is affecting truckers’ ability to get an ELD.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The 4 State Trucks website has more information about the Guilty by Association Truck Show.
- For information about OOIDA’s Compliance Connection, call 816-229-5791 or go to the OOIDA website.
- Starting Thursday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Guilty by Association Truck Show. That takes place at 4 State Trucks at Exit 4 off interstate 44 in Joplin, Mo. Stop in and join OOIDA at a $10 discount. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out the new Fighting for Truckers website. And remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.