Land Line Now, April 2, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Road rumors about vaccinations and medical cards, pre-1999 trucks and more tend to be more fiction than fact. We’ll sort it all out for you.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The truck parking bill is reintroduced in Congress. OOIDA urges the EPW committee to prioritize trucks in the next Highway Bill. And putting the ‘aggressive’ in passive-aggressive.
II. Vaccinations, old trucks and other road rumors
Everyone knows that nothing moves faster than a rumor. In trucking, they can move from coast to coast faster than you can imagine. But the thing about rumors is some are true, some are false. We’ll separate fact from fiction.
III. Broker and lease-purchase problems
Ongoing problems with brokers and lease-purchase plans are nothing new. But it helps occasionally to review what those problems are, and what course of action truckers should take if facing them, or trying to avoid those problems in the first place.
IV. Truck parking bill – a deeper look
What exactly does the truck parking bill now in Congress call for? How would it accomplish its goals? And how do you get states to seek out that money and pave more parking? We’ll take a deeper look.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Brazil, Ind. That’s at Exit 23 off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.