Land Line Now, March 19, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truckers are asking how to deal with expiring CDLs and medical cards. Also, the latest on FMCSA, state legislatures and more on the COVID-19 situation.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Coronavirus fears prompt concerns over truck parking; The FMCSA addresses expiring CDLs and other issues; and a little good news in a tough time – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. FMCSA COVID-19 update
The FMCSA’s emergency declaration seems to change daily, even hourly. Meanwhile, truckers are asking how to deal with expiring CDLs and medical cards.
III. State legislatures shutting down over COVID-19
State legislatures across the country are taking action in response to the coronavirus outbreak – including shutting their doors. We’ll explain what’s happening and why it’s important.
IV. OOIDA needs truckers’ input on problems
Events and conditions are changing at an unbelievably rapid pace, but OOIDA is keeping up with events, and keeping the federal government informed of truckers questions, concerns and needs. We’ll offer a rundown.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The FMCSA has expanded its emergency declaration that gives truckers hauling emergency coronavirus relief loads an exemption to the hours of service. Click here for complete details.
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- Do you have questions about COVID-19? OOIDA is here to help. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer them.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Glendale, Ky., located at Exit 86 on Interstate 65. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.