LLN (5/27/19) – A tragedy was averted with two heroes who recently saved the life of a suicidal teen. Also, does your insurance cover all aspects of your operation? You can find some important resources on the OOIDA website. And Mark Reddig will find out what OOIDA told officials in Congress and the U.S. DOT last week.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:43 – Pair save teen
24:43-39:38 – Importance of Insurance; website resources
39:38-49:20 – Recent meetings in D.C.
- A bill that will create a task force to address the issue of non-consensual towing has passed the Missouri legislature and is awaiting a signature by Governor Mike Parson. Learn more:
- A reminder that the CVSA’s annual Road Check Safety Blitz runs June 4-6. Inspectors will fan out across the U.S. and Canada, conducting Level 1 inspections. This year, their primary focus will be on steering and suspension systems. Learn more:
A couple of Texas-sized heroes recently saved the life of a suicidal teen. Mary McKenna talks with the truck driver who came to the rescue, Dwayne Crawford, and Arlington Police Corporal Deric Sheriff, who came up with the life-saving plan.
Are you covered for all aspects of your operation? That’s why it’s important to read your insurance policy. Mary McKenna talks with Trina McIntyre and Stacey Sanders of OOIDA’s Truck Insurance Department.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- You can also call the insurance department directly at 800-715-9369.
- If you have a question about truck insurance you’d like answered on the air, you can call the Land Line Now Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
Recently, Mark Reddig spoke with Adrian Hinds of OOIDA’s Business Services Department about resources on the OOIDA website. She’ll return today with more.
- See what else OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here.
- Check out the online classes OOIDA offers.
- Or you can call Business Services at 816-229-5791.
Recently, OOIDA Executive Vice President Lewie Pugh traveled to our nation’s capital to meet with federal officials and lawmakers about some of the important current issues in trucking. Mark Reddig will find out who he met with and what issues were covered.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.