Three federal agencies warn that Russian hackers plan to target critical infrastructure – including trucking and other transportation.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
The Supreme Court has blocked the vaccine mandate for large employers. Canada eases some of its vaccine requirements for cross-border Canadian truckers, but the relief may not be long-lived. And a study on hair testing is getting headlines, but other researchers say the results don’t pass the smell test.s
II. Under-21 pilot program moves another step forward
The FMCSA is asking for information concerning its proposed apprenticeship pilot program for truck drivers under 21 years of age. And OOIDA has given the agency a few thoughts about the effort.
III. Parking and bathroom access in Washington state
A Washington state lawmaker has filed a bill intended to reduce emissions and safety risks caused by inadequate commercial truck parking. Meanwhile, another bill would give truckers access to bathrooms at the various facilities they visit.
IV. Trucking and other transportation in hackers’ crosshairs
Three federal agencies involved in national security have issued a warning that hackers based in Russia are planning to target critical infrastructure. And trucking, along with the rest of transportation, is a vital part of that infrastructure.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- The St. Christopher Fund and OOIDA are offering truckers vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Click here, or send an email to Julie@TruckersFund.org.
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in El Paso, Texas. That’s at Exit 37 off Interstate 10. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can find FMCSA’s notices and rulemakings
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- View the most recent notices on the Bulletin Board.
- You can find upcoming truck shows and events here.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.