Land Line Now, Nov. 18, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
If you know a trucking family in need, the Truckers Christmas Group is ready to help. We’ll report on that and other holiday efforts.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA fires back at brokers over the transparency issue; changes to the hours of service for ag haulers could be coming soon; and maybe the animals know something we don’t?
II. Truckers helping truckers at the holidays
If you know a trucking family in need, the Truckers Christmas Group is ready to help. And now is the time. Also, for truckers who are working on holidays, a decent meal can be hard to find. But Meals for 18 Wheels is stepping up again to help. The OOIDA Mary Johnston Scholarship has helped truckers’ children and grandchildren achieve their dreams. Now, the search for new scholars is underway.
III. Holidays may help keep truckers moving
Demand for trucks is starting to slip, but holiday freight and COVID lockdowns will continue to drive the market for the foreseeable future.
IV. Contractor or employee fight continues – will truckers be affected?
And gig economy companies, fresh off a win in California, will push nationwide against worker reclassification. But will truckers feel an impact?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- For the fifth year in a row, Truckers Final Mile is giving gifts to children who have lost a truck-driving parent on the job through its Sleigh Bells and Santa campaign. Visit their website if you’d like to help.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25% of the cost for an auxiliary power unit. Learn more at the OOIDA Foundation website.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in North Little Rock, Ark., located at Exit 161 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Find all you need to know about the Truckers Christmas Group here.
- OOIDA Mary Johnston Scholarship applications for 2021 are due Feb. 1. Get the details here.
- You can find out more about the Meals for 18 Wheels program on their Facebook page.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.