LLN (8/26/19) – Truckers have questions about the FMCSA’s hours of service proposal – so we’ll have answers. Also, truckers speak out to FMCSA about the proposed changes to the hours of service at the Great American Trucking Show. Atlanta is a logistical nightmare dealing with massive congestion. We’ll tell you what’s being done to address the problem. Truck insurance costs are rising, so we’ll tell you how to control costs.
0:00-10:10 – Newscast.
10:10-24:59 – Fixing Atlanta congestion.
24:59 -39:14 – Dealing with higher insurance costs; hours of service questions.
39:14-49:06 – Truckers tell FMCSA their view of the hours of service proposal.
- Registration is now open for the second edition of OOIDA’s live business course, “Truck to Success.” The course takes place Sept.10-12 at the Courtyard by Marriott at Exit 21 off Interstate 70 in Blue Springs, Mo. The business course is designed for truckers who are about to make the leap into becoming an owner-operator, and for those who have been in the industry to cut costs and become more financially successful.
- For more information, go to the OOIDA Online Education website.
- Find out more here: With Truck to Success course, GATS class, OOIDA strives to help truckers be more profitable.
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25% of the cost for an auxiliary power unit. Drivers need to have a model year 1996 through 2006 truck, and be based in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa or Nebraska. OOIDA membership is not required, but OOIDA members can get discounts on EPA-approved units. Go to OOIDA.com for details.
Atlanta is a logistical nightmare dealing with massive congestion. So what’s being done to address the problem? Mary McKenna talks with Stanton Reecy of Aerotropolis Atlanta CIDS.
- You can find out more about the project at https://aerocids.com/.
Truck insurance costs are rising. Mary McKenna hears some strategies on how to control costs from our in-house truck insurance experts, Stacey Sanders and Trina McIntyre.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance
- You can also call the insurance department directly at 800-715-9369.
- If you have a question about truck insurance you’d like answered on the air, you can call the Land Line Now Listener Comment Line at 800-324-6856.
Mark Reddig and Jim Jefferson of OOIDA’s Business Assistance Department discuss some of the questions truckers have about the hours-of-service proposal – and what the answers to those questions are.
- You can make comments here.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- Read more on the hour of service from Land Line Magazine:
Last week, the FMCSA heard from truckers at the Great American Trucking Show about the proposed changes to the hours of service. Mark Reddig finds out what those truckers said and what’s next with OOIDA Public Affairs Director Norita Taylor.
- You can Watch FMCSA’s listening session on hours of service here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.
- You can read more from Land Line Magazine, Truckers talk 30-minute break, coercion at FMCSA listening session.