Land Line Now, Feb. 12, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Truck parking faces many barriers, even if legislation is passed to pave more spaces. We’ll explain what they are and whether they can be overcome.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Farmers head to court against a major broker; tolling plans for Wyoming’s I-80 are killed; and Valentine’s cards with a trucking twist.
II. New stuff in the Run for the Wall
The annual Run for the Wall motorcycle rally is still a few months away, but already some new twists are being added to this year’s event.
III. Winter freight and rate slump continues
Things are still pretty slow right now in terms of freight and rates as the winter slump continues; diesel prices drop for the fifth straight week in a row as oil continues to wrestle with the effects of the coronavirus.
IV. Truck parking efforts face many barriers
A legislative effort to make real and positive changes in the truck parking situation is in the works, but even with that barriers to more parking remain. We’ll discuss what they are and whether they can be overcome.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Are you a Life Member of OOIDA? Do you love your Land Line Magazine? Then we need to hear from you.
- OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in El Paso, Texas, at Exit 37 on Interstate 10. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Keep up to date on fuel prices.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.