Land Line Now, Dec. 2, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
What’s the next step to solving the truck parking problem? We’ll discuss the recent meeting of the National Coalition on Truck Parking.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A new COVID relief bill is introduce in Congress; the Brent Spence Bridge is on track to reopen before Christmas; and newsflash: this is not a bright idea.
II. EIDL fine print problem
For people who received an EIDL loan from the Small Business Administration, not reading that fine print may present some problems.
III. Christmas, winter, COVID-19 and freight
Thanksgiving is over, but Christmas, winter weather and COVID will impact freight and rates heading into December.
IV. Truck parking – the next step
Today, we’ll have more detail about the meeting of the National Coalition on Truck Parking, including what the next steps are to solve the problem.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Women In Trucking Association is seeking nominations for its 2021 Women In Trucking Female Driver of the Year award. Nomination forms can be submitted here and are due Feb. 1, 2021.
- Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Kingman, Ariz., located at Exit 48 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Find out how OOIDA’s Business Assistance department can help you. You can also call them at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.