Land Line Now, March 4, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The national truck parking shortage is at the root of many problems in trucking. Now, a solution is getting closer. Also, educating kids about trucking.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Rhode Island loses a key court decision linked to truck-only tolls; two New Jersey state troopers rescue a truck driver; and would you like some butter and syrup for your wanted poster? – It’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Educating kids about trucking
A children’s museum in Greensboro, N.C., has taken educating kids about trucking to the next level with a little help from Volvo.
III. Seasonal slump longer than usual
This time of year is when the seasonal slump would usually end, but the coronavirus is keeping freight at bay a little longer. Also, diesel prices drop for the eighth week in a row as oil continues to struggle.
IV. Truck parking solution soon before Congress
The national shortage of truck parking is at the root of many other problems in trucking – from big issues like detention time, to the simple ability of one person to keep themselves safe. Now an attempt to solve it is getting closer.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA urges truckers to speak out on the effort to increase your insurance costs.
- Also at MATS this year, OOIDA is offering giveaways. Get the details here.
- You can find out more about AASHTO’s Benefits of Transportation here.
- A pair of New Jersey State Police officers rescued a truck driver from his burning truck on a New Jersey highway. You can read the full story and see the dramatic body cam video.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Shreveport, La., Exit 8 on Interstate 20. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Find out more about the Greensboro Children’s Museum online.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Keep up to date on fuel prices.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.