Land Line Now, May 21, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The latest on truck parking includes crashes that highlight the need, a clueless city council and positive developments out of two states.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Border closures between the U.S., Canada and Mexico will stay in place another month. The crack in the I-40 bridge may have been there a lot longer than previously thought. And who ordered the extra ice?
II. Truck parking – the latest
When it comes to truck parking, there’s far less good and much more bad and ugly. Tyson Fisher of Land Line Magazine has a little bit from all three categories in the latest installment of The Parking Zone, including crashes that highlight the desperate need for more parking; a city council that clearly doesn’t understand the issue; and positive parking developments out of two states and Washington D.C.
III. CBs, driving to the grocery store and truck shows
Marty Ellis is getting ready to hit some of the truck shows that are back for this year – but in the meantime, he has some advice for truckers about CB radios and personal conveyance.
IV. Funding, truck parking and more –the GOP highway bill
Earlier this week, we mentioned the Republicans in the U.S. House have offered up their own version of a highway bill. So, what is in – or not in – the bill? Speed limiters? Truck parking? Younger drivers? And what would it mean for truckers out on the road? We’ll have the answers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Arkansas DOT has a webpage for the latest information on the I-40 bridge over the Mississippi River. You can find the page here.
- Get the details on vaccine clinics and locations here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Bordentown, N.J. That’s at Exit 57 off Interstate 295 and Exit 7 off the turnpike. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can read Tyson Fisher’s latest online Parking Zone feature here.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.