Land Line Now, Nov. 8, 2019
Click the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A trend toward tolling may be taking shape, with news out of five states. We’ll explain what’s happening and what it means to you. Also, studies on automated vehicles.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
UCR problems, debates on meal and rest breaks, and an oil company kicking some ash – it’s all in our newscast. (10 minutes)
II. Automation prognostication
Two studies out of federal agencies recently addressed present concerns and future possibilities – good and bad – of automated vehicles. We’ll review what they say. (14 minutes)
III. The basics of starting a business
Some think the economy could be headed toward a downturn. So should you start a trucking business right now? We’ll go over what you need to consider to make that decision. (14 ½ minutes)
IV. A trend toward tolling?
Five states have news about tolling – ranging from highway funding proposals to express lanes and higher tolls on current roads. (9 ½ minutes)
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Information needed in New Jersey crash involving truck.
- What to do if your information was compromised by UCR breach.
- Read two recent studies with information about automated vehicles.
- View other research at the OOIDA Foundation website.
- Take free online classes and learn about other educational opportunities at the OOIDA Online Education website.
- Find resources for checking out carriers or for getting your own authority.
- Need help? Call Business Services at 816-229-5791.
- Read more: Connecticut governor unveils transport plan; other states discuss toll rates, roads.
- It’s easy to get involved in the fight.