Land Line Now, June 16, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Two years-long efforts by OOIDA have made considerable progress – ending split speed limits and reforming police-dispatched towing fees.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The Senate begins work on its version of the highway bill. Arizona gets a major truck parking boost on I-40. And the dramatic Dippin’ Dot debacle.
II. A bizarre attraction, good eats and a great truck
There’s a lot to see out on the road if you just take the time to see it. We’ll take you to two spots recommended by OOIDA members. One involves taking a trip back in time. The other involves shoes made out of, well, human skin. You just know there’s a story there. Also, preserving a special truck.
III. A very special truck build
Everyone has that one truck that’s special – the one you wish you could drive forever. However, few have put as much in the way of money and work into a truck as one family from Ohio.
IV. Towing reform, split speed elimination
Two years-long efforts by OOIDA have made considerable progress – ending split speed limits, and reforming police-dispatched towing fees. We’ll have an update.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Dodge City, Ala. That’s at Exit 299 off Interstate 65. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Illinois Police are seeking information about a fatal motorcycle crash that happened at 7:43 a.m. June 9 near mile marker 126 on Interstate 80. Anyone with information or dash cam video should call 815-726-6377.
- Got an idea for a story? Maybe your favorite supper spot? Maybe an interesting layover? Or an interesting or challenging haul? We’d like to hear from you. You can email us your ideas here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- To read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News by State.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.