Land Line Now, March 1, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Missouri lawmakers are taking another stab at reforming police-dispatched towing, and OOIDA and other trucking groups will speak out for it.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Trucking company owners are charged in a deadly 2019 wreck. The new Transportation Secretary says raising fuel taxes won’t work as a funding method. And a very public spelling error.
II. Cheesy mods
Ever see those trucks that have the spiky lug nut covers – like they’re trying to imitate the bad guy’s chariot in Ben Hur? It’s one of many cheesy mods trucks make to their rigs. We’ll discuss the upsides and downsides of a few of those with Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia.
III. Truckers carry the country
Senior Editor Mark Schremmer and Digital Content Editor Greg Grisolano stop by to tell us what’s inside the March/April issue of Land Line Magazine, starting with a look back at how truckers have been treated over the past 12 months as they carried the country through the pandemic. They’ll also talk about efforts to open the eyes of lawmakers on Capitol Hill regarding issues that would make drivers’ lives better – and those that would make things worse.
IV. Towing reform draws support
Missouri lawmakers are taking another stab at towing reform, and OOIDA will join other trucking groups to speak out in favor of it.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Truckers can receive vouchers for free flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccinations. Email the St. Christopher Fund at Julie@TruckersFund.org or call 865-544-8145.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Bill Ater Jr. Petro in Carl’s Corner, Texas. That’s at Exit 374 off Interstate 35E. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.