Land Line Now, Dec. 17, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Too good to be true? A transportation agency takes steps to remove costly, redundant and burdensome regulations. Plus, a massive cyberattack comes into focus.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA wants the FMCSA to consider one more tweak to ag definitions; a major snowstorm leads to a major crash in Pennsylvania; and the Christmas car caper.
II. “Duplicative” regulations, CDL skills test delays and Buttigieg nomination
A transportation agency is actually taking steps to remove costly, redundant and burdensome trucking regulations.
III. Missouri fuel tax, PA P3 expansion plans
Missouri considers a fuel tax hike – again – and Pennsylvania lawmakers kill plans for more public-private partnerships.
IV. Freshman class of Congress, massive cyberattack
Taking a closer look at the incoming class of Congress members and a massive cyberattack being blamed on Russia.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- You can find OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.