Land Line Now, March 30, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Wyoming is a step closer to putting tolls on Interstate 80, part of a nationwide trend toward tolling as traditional funding dwindles.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA urges Congress to consider trucking needs in the upcoming highway bill. The Transportation Secretary further distances himself from vehicle miles traveled taxes. And what happens when you open a Starbucks in Texas?
II. Tires and fuel economy
More than a few things factor into fuel consumption and your tires are one of them. We’ll discuss how to maximize fuel efficiency by paying attention to what you’re running on – and how to make adjustments if needed.
III. Tolls closer in Wyoming
Wyoming is a step closer to putting tolls on Interstate 80, while Alaska considers doubling its fuel tax. Also, a bill to create more truck parking spaces is now in Congress. OOIDA has issued a national Call to Action, and we’ll have the details.
IV. A deeper look at the truck parking bill
What exactly does the truck parking bill now in Congress call for? How would it accomplish its goals? And how do you get states to seek out that money and pave more parking?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Wynonna Judd will be headlining Highway to Hope, a virtual benefit concert for the St. Christopher Truckers Relief Fund, on May 16. Tickets for the event are available on the St. Christopher website.
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering a series of free classes on getting your own authority on their online education page – classes 105-112. You can also go to the OOIDA Business Education YouTube channel.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in New Paris, Ohio. That’s at Exit 156B off Interstate 70. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- For questions about commercial vehicle tires, you can go to the Michelin Commercial Truck Tire website.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- OOIDA has issued a Call to Action on groundbreaking truck parking legislation that has been reintroduced in Congress. Contact your representative today! You can read bill HR2187 here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.