Land Line Now, Aug. 25, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Feeling vibration in your steering wheel is a sure sign that something is off, and tires are the top suspect. We’ll talk troubleshooting tire vibrations.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A major hurricane is headed for Texas and Louisiana; an OOIDA board member gets the spotlight on the first night of the Republican National Convention; and finally, a good use for watery beer – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Tire vibrations, and how to diagnose them
Feeling vibration in your steering wheel is a sure sign that something is off, and your tires are suspect numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4. We’ll have the top four tips for troubleshooting tire vibrations.
III. Georgia freight flow
Georgia is working on improvements to the flow of freight in that state, both by road and rail, while New Hampshire discusses flying cars.
IV. Fighting insurance increases
An effort to stop significant increases in truckers insurance costs needs a boost; plus one trucker’s role in the Republican National Convention.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The Texas DOT has posted information on hurricane evacuation routes. You can find that information here.
- Read the FMCSA regional emergency declaration for Hurricane Laura and Tropical Storm Marco.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA Express in Steele, N.D., at Exit 200 off Interstate 94. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- For questions about commercial vehicle tires, you can go to the Michelin Commercial Truck Tire website.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.