Land Line Now, June 16, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
We’ll discuss how changes in court operations due to the coronavirus pandemic are affecting truckers. Also, Colorado may delay a transportation bond vote.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA wants insurance minimums left out of the highway bill; the FMCSA extends waivers on CDLs and medical certificates; and taking home delivery to new heights – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Pandemic changes court operations
Like the rest of us, courts have had to change the way they do business because of the coronavirus. We’ll examine the effect that’s having on truckers who have outstanding issues to resolve – and one thing that can help prevent a ticket conviction that comes from a crash.
III. Another transportation bond delay?
Colorado may yet again delay a vote on a transportation bond; meanwhile, a Georgia effort will study freight movement.
IV. Highway bill moving this week
Tomorrow, major issues such as truck parking, detention time, speed limiters and more will get their day in Congress as a House committee formalizes its version of the new highway bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Troutdale, Ore. That’s at Exit 17 on Interstate 84. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- You can get more information from Road Law here or send an email here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.