LLN (3/4/19) – Ticket for bypassing an “information center”? This unusual citation could ensnare more truckers. Preventive maintenance keeps your truck working. Meanwhile, several cases of underdogs winning in tough situations have come up recently. And Congress is likely to take up issues such as underride guards and insurance minimums.
0:00-9:26 – Newscast
9:26-24:13 – Preventive maintenance
24:13-39:07 – Underdogs win; unusual citation
39:07-48:50 – Underride guards, insurance minimums and speed limiters
- In Colorado, a pair of avalanches caused headaches along I-70 on Sunday. The first happened in Ten Mile Canyon between Frisco and Copper Mountain. Video posted online shows a plume of snow hitting the highway, but Fox 31 out of Denver reports not enough snow reached the road to shut it down.
- We need your help so we can show our support – and your support – for our troops overseas. To send truckers for Troops care packages, we have to have an actual name and address of a soldier, sailor, airman or marine serving in Afghanistan and other active combat zones overseas. If you know someone serving now, call Nikki Johnson at 816-229-5791, or e-mail the name and address to email@example.com.
- The owner of a trucking company caught in the middle of a dispute over a load of hemp is confident his company will get its truck back and the case will be resolved. For more on the case, read here: Company sues Idaho patrol over hemp and seizure of truck.
- A pair of federal agencies are investigating a crash Friday afternoon involving a Tesla and a tractor-trailer. Read more: NHTSA, NTSB investigate fatal Tesla crash.
Preventive maintenance is a necessary process to keep your truck on the road. Mark Reddig talks with Kevin Lindsey and Jerry Bodkins of TA Petro.
- You can find more on truck repair and maintenance from TA Petro, here.
Several cases of underdogs winning in tough cases have come up recently. Mary McKenna talks with Jami Jones, Greg Grisolano and Mark Schremmer of Land Line Magazine.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- You can also subscribe to the Land Line News Nightcap.
- Check out Land Line Magazine online.
Ticket for bypassing an “information center”? This unusual citation could ensnare more truckers. Mark Reddig discusses the case with Adam Kleinschmidt of OOIDA’s Business Services Department.
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does, here.
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
Congress is likely to take up issues such as underride guards, insurance minimums and speed limiters. Mark Reddig talks with OOIDA Manager of Government Affairs Mike Matousek.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.