Land Line Now, Sept. 10, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
The federal government has proposed guidelines for using drug testing using hair, and no one seems entirely happy with their plan.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Wildfires and wild weather continue to cause problems; OOIDA joins a group asking Congress to extend the FAST Act; and a cop gets got by a greedy goat – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Drug testing plan would use hair
The federal government has proposed guidelines for using hair testing to detect drug use in trucking. Also, the new Under-21 drivers pilot program and the denial of attempts to overturn recent hours of service changes.
III. Voting and registration advice
The election is just a month and a half away – which means time is running out to register so you can take part. We’ll have information about voter registration, advance voting and more.
IV. Update on a possible COVID-19 relief bill
Republicans in the U.S. Senate are taking a crack at a new COVID-19 relief bill – however, they’re proposing what many are calling a “skinny” package. So what does that mean and how might it affect truckers?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Charley Endorf Petro in York, Neb., at Exit 353 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- You can find OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.