Land Line Now, Aug. 27, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A taste of the Great American Trucking Show that might have been – covering health concerns, antique trucks, a Texan member of Angel Flights and more.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Hurricane Laura hits hard on the Gulf Coast; an arrest is made in the shooting of a truck driver in Texas; and it’s bears versus granny in Montana – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Great American Trucking Show – virtual edition
It’s the virtual Great American Trucking Show. Dr. John McElligott will discuss truckers’ top health concerns; Marty Glomb talks about the antique truck he displays at GATS; and Texas resident Danny Schnautz tells us why he got involved in Angel Flights.
III. Texans to vote on transportation issues
Voters in several Texas cities will soon vote on transportation taxes, while an upcoming court ruling could affect billions in Washington state transportation funding.
IV. The OOIDA virtual GATS update
One of OOIDA’s main activities at the Great American Trucking Show is to update members and other truckers about important current issues. We’ll have information on FEMA hurricane relief loads and what’s ahead from Congress regarding COVID-19.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Read the FMCSA regional emergency declaration for Hurricane Laura and Tropical Storm Marco.
- The routing hotline number for Hurricane Laura is 833-99Roads (833-997-6237).
- For road information regarding hurricane-related closures, go to 511la.org or DriveTexas.org.
- OOIDA seeks feedback on loan programs. Get the details here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA Express in Steele, N.D., at Exit 200 off Interstate 94. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- You can donate to the Angel Flight program online.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.