LLN (5/8/19) – It’s good news for freight as the spring uptick in rates is finally here. Also, you can do a lot to make your truck’s HVAC systems work better and last longer. Meanwhile, the national average diesel price is up less than a penny, but future predictions all over the map. And an ally of President Trump’s is calling for a large federal fuel tax increase.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:43 – HVAC
24:43-39:38 – Rates up; so is price of diesel
39:38-49:22 – Congressman wants to double fuel tax
- In Arizona, the State DOT wants public input on a new interstate that would run from the Mexican border to north of Phoenix. A pair of public meetings was planned – one happened Wednesday in Tucson but the other is scheduled for this Saturday, May 11, at 11 a.m. in the Marana High School cafeteria in Marana. You can also file comments online.
- Thomas Lynn of Mattawan, Mich., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 14 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. And you can read about our latest batch of safe drivers here: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- Falcon Transport of Youngstown, Ohio, which abruptly closed its doors in April, filed three notices to the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification – or WARN – Act this week. For more about the Falcon situation, check out previous coverage by Land Line Magazine:
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning are important for a trucker’s comfort. And you can do a lot that will make it work better, extend its working life and making yourself comfortable. Mark Reddig finds out how from Kevin Lindsey and Jerry Bodkins with TA Petro.
- You can find more on truck repair and maintenance from TA Petro, here.
- If you have questions for Kevin and Jerry, email them at AskTATruckService@ta-petro.com.
It’s good news for freight. The spring uptick in rates that everyone has been waiting for is finally here. Mary McKenna talks with Mark Montague with DAT.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Fuel prices are a mixed bag, with the national average diesel price up less than a penny, but future predictions all over the map. Mary has our weekly update.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, Average diesel price in U.S. barely rises from a week ago.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
An ally of President Trump in the U.S. House is doing something unusual for a Republican – he’s calling for a tax increase. In this case, it’s the fuel tax, and it would pay for needed work on our nation’s roads and bridges. Mark Reddig gets the details from OOIDA’s Norita Taylor.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.