Land Line Now, Jan. 3, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Any trucker on their own authority must soon create an account on the FMCSA portal – and it’s not a simple procedure. We’ll have what you need to know.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From one state’s efforts to toughen rules for CDLs to the high cost of roads in tribal lands, it’s the latest information in trucking.
II. FMCSA portal – your next tech challenge
Any trucker on their own authority must soon create an account on what’s called the FMCSA portal. And it’s not a simple procedure. We’ll have what you need to know and where you can get help.
III. Protecting yourself from predatory lenders
Recent years have seen an uptick in predatory lending companies targeting truck drivers. Terry Scruton talks with Jennifer Lickteig, president of TBS Factoring, to find out how you can protect yourself.
IV. The trends that were, the future that’s coming
We’ll take a look back at technology, freight market and other trends from 2019 and the decade that just ended – and how it will all affect what’s ahead.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2008 Peterbilt 388. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Starting Jan. 13, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s at Exit 407 on Interstate 5. Stop in and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here.
- Get more information about the freight market.
- Read up on the Virginia situation: OOIDA says Virginia GPS mandate misses the mark.