Land Line Now, June 26, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
An insurance increase in the proposed highway would more than double truckers’ requirements. We’ll explain where things stand and what’s being done.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A California rule calls for zero-emission trucks by 2045; a new report details the government’s handling of COVID-19 relief efforts; and like a bull on an interstate – wait, that’s not how that saying goes – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. When the answer is “No”
Every week, a significant number of truckers call OOIDA to find out what they can or can’t do under the regulations. And in many cases, the answer is a hearty “no.”
III. Survey on driver-assist systems
The FMCSA is looking into systems designed to help trucker be safer, and the OOIDA Foundation is asking truckers for their input.
IV. Efforts to stop insurance increase
The proposed House highway bill would more than double truckers’ insurance requirements. And some representatives voted to keep that insurance increase in the bill when given the chance to oppose it. We’ll tell you where the situation stands and what’s being done about it.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting July 7, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo. That’s at Exit 310 on Interstate 80. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See what else OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.