Land Line Now, Dec. 27, 2019.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Detention time is behind some serious industry issues, and the OOIDA Foundation is getting ready to gather some facts. Also, winterizing your truck.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From rising tolls in Pennsylvania and potential fees in the ports to counterfeit bills at truck stops, we’ll have the important happenings of the day.
II. Crank up your prep for the cold
Winter is here, and if you’re driving into the cold, you need to think about winterizing your truck. We’ll have some of the do’s and don’ts.
III. Seeking detention time facts
Detention time – the time truckers are held at loading docks – is behind some of the most serious issues in the industry, and the OOIDA Foundation is getting ready to gather some facts about the issue.
IV. A look back
It’s been a busy year in Washington, D.C., for trucking issues. I’ll talk a look back at some of the big ones from 2019, from four bad bills in Congress to a highway bill still in the works.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Find more information on truck repair and maintenance from TA Petro online.
- Check out what else OOIDA Online Business Education program has to offer.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.