Electric car maker Tesla’s latest move – creating an “assertive mode” for its self-driving feature – is already generating criticism.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
OSHA confirms that most truck drivers will not fall under their vaccine-or-test mandate for large employers. Virginia officials apologize and lay out what went wrong leading up to last week’s traffic jam on I-95. And Tesla is beta testing a self-driving driving mode that includes rolling stops and more frequent speed and lane changes.
II. Biennial update, chain laws, parking and more
Truckers face a host of regular filings they have to make – from taxes to the biennial update. They face different chain laws from state to state and penalties if they don’t follow them. They have to find places to park, and often, the smallest number of spaces are where the most truckers are. We’ll cover several of the recent problems truckers are calling.
III. 2022 looking good for van and reefer
We’re less than two weeks into 2022, but trends are already starting to develop. Stephen Petit of DAT tells us why posted van and reefer loads are up dramatically from this time last year before getting into more of the latest trends and numbers on the spot market.
IV. Tesla gets “assertive” with latest feature
The electric car maker Tesla has a skill at getting publicity, but – especially in trucking – it’s not always good publicity. And the automakers latest move is one that’s already generating criticism.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Find out how to listen to Land Line Now on TNC Radio.
- Applications are being accepted for the OOIDA Mary Johnston Scholarship. You can apply through the OOIDA website. The deadline is Feb. 1.
- Starting Friday, Marty Ellis and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in El Paso, Texas. That’s at Exit 37 off Interstate 10. Find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- See everything OOIDA’s Business Services Department has to offer here. And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
- Get more information about the freight market. And you can find loads at OOIDA Members Edge.
- Be sure to check out the Fighting for Truckers website. Remember, it’s never too late to contact your lawmakers. You can do that via the website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- You can donate to the Truckers for Troops fund all year long.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.