Land Line Now, Oct. 6, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
GPS technology helps us get from point A to point B – except when it doesn’t. We’ll share two truckers’ tales of GPS frustrations.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Confusion reigns in a lawsuit settlement with Prime Inc.; diesel prices continue to drop in most regions; and the Great Gonzo would be proud – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. GPS – it’s not all it’s cracked up to be
GPS technology is a modern convenience that helps us get from point A to point B – except when it doesn’t. Two truckers tell two different stories about their GPS frustrations – and discuss the greater implications for driverless technology. Also, two truckers named “Brandon” had memorable weekends thanks to the Guilty by Association Truck Show. One came away with a big prize, while the other showed off.
III. Utah eyes revenue from alternative fuel vehicles
Utah is taking another look at its program to capture revenue from alternative fuel vehicles, while Pennsylvania continues work on a new move over law.
IV. Vice presidential debate preview
Tomorrow, the vice presidential candidates will face off in the second debate of the presidential election. We’ll have a preview of what may be on the menu.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- If you’re interested in making a claim in the class action lawsuit against Prime Incorporated, go to PrimeTruckingSettlement.com.
- Police in Chilliwack, B.C., are looking for information from anyone who may have witnessed a high-speed shooting Oct. 1 on Young Road near Hope River Road. Police are asking anyone who was in that area between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. to call the Chilliwack police at 604-792-4611.
- The New York State Thruway Authority is holding a series of virtual hearings from Oct. 13-15 on its plans to increase cash tolls on the Thruway by 30 percent beginning next year. You can find more information here.
- OOIDA web conferencing Truck to Success course is scheduled for Oct. 26-28.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the TA truck stop in Bloomsburg, Pa., at Exit 232 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.