LLN (6/10/19) – A Colorado trucking group works to shift hazmat loads off Loveland Pass. Are trucks responsible for most wrecks that involved a big rig? Some of the federal regulations actually ARE there to protect you. A look at truckers with musical careers. And who’s speaking to Congress this week about the state of trucking, and what do they have to say?
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:42 – Loveland Pass; Who’s responsible?
24:42-39:40 – Regulations can be good; musical truckers
39:40-49:25 – Hearing on State of Trucking
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is looking for information from drivers and carriers on the issues associated with detention time. Read more here: FMCSA seeks input about truck drivers’ detention time.
- Gary W. Hills, Sr., of Monroe City, Mo. has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 28 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. For more on our latest batch of safe drivers, click here: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- Starting Tuesday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Spokane, Wash. That’s at Exit 272 on Interstate 90. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit Schedule.
A Colorado trucking group is working with others in the state to find a way to shift hazmat loads from the highly dangerous Loveland Pass and into I-70’s Eisenhower Tunnel. Mark Reddig talks with Greg Fulton of the Colorado Motor Carriers Association.
- Read more here: Colorado DOT seeks plan for hazmat trucks in I-70 tunnels.
Are trucks responsible for most wrecks that involved a big rig? The answer may surprise the public, but probably not truckers. Andrew King the OOIDA joins us with information.
- Read the FMCSA’s Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts.
- Find out more about the OOIDA Foundation.
- Check out what else OOIDA Online Business Education program has to offer.
- See all the classes offered by OOIDA.
Some of the federal regulations actually ARE there to protect you. Mary McKenna covers that – plus truckers with musical careers and more – with Jami Jones, Greg Grisolano and Mark Schremmer of Land Line Magazine.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- You can also subscribe to the Land Line News Nightcap.
- Check out Land Line Magazine online.
Who’s speaking to Congress this week about the state of trucking, and what do they have to say? Mark Reddig finds out from OOIDA’s Norita Taylor.
- Read more about the upcoming hearing: OOIDA President Todd Spencer to testify at House subcommittee hearing.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.