LLN (07-12-19) We’ll have insight into the inaugural meeting of the Surface Transportation Security Advisory Committee. Plus, the latest talk over detention time. OOIDA’s Business Services Department comes to the rescue of a trucker in a sticky ELD situation. Plus a rundown of talent, food and fun from this weekend’s Walcott Truckers Jamboree in Walcott, Iowa. And find out who’s been good and who’s been bad in the latest installment of Roses and Razzberries.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:42 – Roses and Razzberries
24:42-39:4 – OOIDA helps trucker in a pickle with an ELD, plus Jon Osburn reports from Walcott.
39:40-49:35– TSA advisory committee holds an inaugural meeting and the latest on detention time.
- Ice Road Truckers is seeking female drivers and/or company owners for its next season. If you’re interested you can send a recent photo, contact info, and a short bio to Darren Toon at Original Productions by e-mail at email@example.com.
- The FMCSA is seeking public comments on a plan to develop a second pilot program to allow drivers between the ages of 18 and 20 behind the wheel of interstate commercial vehicles. Comments are due July 15th. You can file comments here.
Terry Scruton and Mary McKenna will sing the praises for some, but not for all, in the latest installment of Roses and Razzberries. If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here, or visit us on Facebook. And you can read Land Line Magazine’s latest edition now: Roses and Razzberries – July 2019
OOIDA comes to the rescue of a trucker who had a big problem over law enforcement’s misinterpretation of the ELD mandate. Mary McKenna gets the story from Tom Crowley of OOIDA’s Business Assistance Department.
- Be sure to check out OOIDA Compliance Connection online;
- You can find out more about what OOIDA’s Business Assistance department does, here;
- And you can contact them at 816-229-5791.
Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Iowa 80 Truckstop in Walcott for the annual Walcott Truckers Jamboree. Mary McKenna finds out what’s on tap for this year’s show.
- You can read more here: Osburn and The Spirit head to Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree
- See Jon’s full schedule, “The Spirit” Schedule.
The TSA’s Surface Transportation Security Advisory Committee had its inaugural meeting. Mary McKenna talks to OOIDA’s Doug Morris about out what their purpose is, what was discussed at the meeting and other details of the new committee. They also discuss the FMCSA’s request for information on detention times during loading and unloading.
- The FMCSA comment period is open until September 9, you can submit comments here;
- Read Land Line Magazine’s related story on detention time: FMCSA seeks input about truck drivers’ detention time
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121;
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.