Land Line Now, March 23, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Winter prep for trucks usually gets the most attention. But you also need to ensure you keep your truck at top efficiency during the summer.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA says the DOT’s automated vehicle plan falls short on transparency. A bill to help ag haulers is reintroduced in Congress. And how much would you pay for a tweet?
II. Summer prep is important too
As we move from season to season, we have to get our vehicles ready. Winter prep for trucks usually gets the most attention, but you also need to ensure you keep your truck at top efficiency during the summer.
III. Spring – the perfect time to discuss snow and ice
It may be spring, but three states are still talking about removing snow and ice from atop vehicles, while Idaho considers quadrupling the money used for a state highway program.
IV. More on the upcoming highway bill
The highway or infrastructure bill could well determine the course of the trucking industry for years into the future, based on what policies are or are not included. Today, we’ll go deeper into what to expect and how it could affect you.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The Arizona DOT is now accepting comments on its Five-Year Transportation Facilities Construction Program. You can find more information about the program and how to file comments here.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Glendale, Ky. That’s at Exit 86 off Interstate 65. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- You can find more on truck repair and maintenance from TA Petro, here. If you have questions for Kevin and Jerry, email them at AskTATruckService@ta-petro.com.
- Read about state legislation, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State.
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com