Land Line Now, July 9, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Eight states have changed their fuel tax – with six of them increasing what you’ll pay. Also, a large motor carrier gets some leniency on ELD rules.
I. Today’s news with Scott Thompson
A simple solution for truckers still getting red-lighted at weigh stations; a warning about roads and overpasses in Texas; and the people being asked not to scream on something that’s designed to make them scream – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Big carrier gets ELD leniency
A large motor carrier who was among the first to use electronic logs – and who supported requiring them in all trucks – has received some leniency from FMCSA on the rules; meanwhile, a debate brews over the effect of smaller trucks on safety.
III. Fuel tax up in six states
Eight states have changed their fuel tax – with six of them increasing what you’ll pay.
IV. Watch out for these apps
Google has discovered 25 apps on its store that can steal important personal information. Also, more on another possible stimulus bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has set up an online resource to provide direct access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 – Facts for Truckers logo on the OOIDA or Land Line Media websites.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Anyone with information about homemade stop spikes being thrown on highways in Texas is asked to call the Smith County Sheriff’s Office at 903-566-6600.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker have canceled the stop at the Steen Gronlund Petro in Laramie, Wyo., but you can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- View OOIDA’s complete guide to Regulatory Issues.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Google discovered 25 apps on its store with a total of more than 2 million downloads were capable of stealing users’ Facebook credential. This list of apps can be found here.