Land Line Now, Dec. 22, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
State lawmakers have been concerned that electric vehicles are not paying their fair share for roads, and now, some are acting on it.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Diesel prices are on the rise for the 7th week in a row; the FMCSA grants an hours of service exemption for railroad groups; and…Santa learns the perils of paragliding.
II. Wreaths Across America a chance to heal
Taking part in Wreaths Across America provided driver JD Walker a path toward healing after the tragic death of his son. Also, we’ll check in with two truckers who got to attend the White House Christmas party.
III. States want electric vehicles to help pay for roads
State lawmakers have been concerned for some time that electric vehicles are not paying their fair share for roads, and now, some are acting on it. Meanwhile, South Carolina lawmakers consider action on slower vehicles in the left lane.
IV. Pandemic relief finally coming through
A bill passed in Congress this week not only provides more relief to combat the economic effects of the pandemic, it also provides basic funding for the government for the rest of the fiscal year – including transportation.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- You can find out more about the Wreaths Across America program online.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report, call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting Jan. 7, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Sparks, Nev. That’s located at Exit 21 off Interstate 80. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA at a $10 discount. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.