Land Line Now, June 11, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Connecticut will tax truckers for every single mile they run there. And the governor made some astoundingly anti-truck statements.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Connecticut’s governor has some harsh words for truckers. A Senate committee unveils its version of the highway bill. And keep your eyes open when you’re on your cell phone – all three of them.
II. Make your own burnout truck
Every year at the Guilty By Association Truck Show, one of the more popular features is the truck burnouts. So how do you make your own burnout truck?
III. Truckers: Can we use regular bathrooms now?
Marty Ellis recently spent some time with the nation’s largest collection of antique trucks, but history isn’t what’s on his mind. Instead, he and many truckers are focused on something more basic – getting truckers access to clean bathrooms.
IV. Connecticut wants to tax you for every mile
The state of Connecticut will now tax truckers for every single mile they run in the state. And after signing the bill, the state’s governor made some astoundingly anti-truck statements.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Columbia, S.C. That’s at Exit 5 off Interstate 77. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.