Land Line Now, Jan. 13, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Wyoming lawmakers consider a proposal that would allow tolling on Interstate 80, and OOIDA has taken a stand on the effort. Also, common brake violations.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A case of a deliberate traffic tie-up heads to the Supreme Court, while an insurance scam nets an agent jail time. That and more in today’s newscast.
II. Common brake violations
Some violations turn up over and over in out-of-service orders – and some of the most common involve your brakes. We’ll have some information and advice.
III. The story behind the story
A new year has begun, but the year that just ended was a significant one for the trucking industry. And Line Line Magazine has documented that year front to back. We’ll have their favorite stories from 2019.
IV. Tolling on Interstate 80 considered
Wyoming lawmakers are looking at a proposal that would allow tolling on Interstate 80. And OOIDA has taken a stand on the effort.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s at Exit 407 on Interstate 5. Stop in and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
- Get more Brake Safe information here.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving the magazine and you’d like to you can sign up here. It’s free!
- Call your members of Congress about tolling existing interstates at 202-224-3121.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.
Clarification: In our newscast story, the lane closures affected access to the George Washington Bridge from the town of Fort Lee, N.J.