LLN (5/1/19) – The much anticipated spring freight rebound still hasn’t arrived. Also, what are the top five most common tire-related issues you need to stay on top of? Meanwhile, diesel prices are up for four straight weeks, but lower prices could be coming. And what members of the U.S. House want to see in the next highway bill.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:43 – Top 5 tire issues
24:43-39:38 – Missing spring freight rebound; higher diesel prices
39:38-49:22 – House wish list for highway bill
- Gabriel Michael of Hayden, Colo., has been recognized by the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association for 19 years of safe, accident-free driving as part of the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program. To learn more about the Safe Driving Award from OOIDA, click here. And you can read about our latest batch of safe drivers here: OOIDA recognizes drivers for safe driving records.
- Terry Scruton reported about OOIDA member Doug Smith’s opportunity to haul the traveling replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall. If you are interested in hauling it yourself, you can find more information here.
What are the top five most common tire-related issues you need to stay on top of? Mary McKenna finds out from Dustin Lancy of Goodyear Tire & Rubber.
- Learn more about Goodyear commercial tires here: https://www.goodyeartrucktires.com/.
The much anticipated spring freight rebound still hasn’t arrived. Mary McKenna talks with Peggy Dorf with DAT.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Diesel prices are up for four straight weeks, but a bearish oil report could mean lower prices in the short term. Mary has our weekly update.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, U.S. average diesel fuel price bumps up another two pennies.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
Earlier today, the House Transportation Committee offered every member of the U.S. House the chance to bring important issues to the committee – so what did they bring up, and how could it affect you? Mark Reddig finds out from OOIDA’s Norita Taylor.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.