Land Line Now, Nov. 30, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Todd Spencer has placed his name in consideration to head the FMCSA. He’ll explain why he’s interested, and what he brings to the table.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
OOIDA President Todd Spencer aims to take the wheel at the FMCSA; Rand McNally is still experiencing ELD issues; and it’s a major award!
II. Trooper Tracy on trucking
Trooper Tracy Lillard of the Illinois State Police has posted often about her appreciation for professional drivers. She’ll explain why she reaches out to truckers so much and what she hopes to accomplish by it.
III. Winter weather and your insurance
Driving through inclement weather is always a risk, but it’s even riskier over the winter months when you’re talking about insurance.
IV. Spencer sets sights on leading FMCSA
Todd Spencer has placed his name in consideration to head the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. He’ll explain why he’s interested in the job, and what he might bring to the table.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Minnesota is asking the FMCSA to reconsider its application for an exemption from regulations dealing with CDL skills testing procedures. Comments are now open and can be made here until Dec. 30.
- The National Coalition on Truck Parking will conduct its next meeting on Dec. 1 from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. CST. The meeting will be virtual and open to the public. You can register here.
- Drivers who use Rand McNally ELDs are being told to use paper logs and prepare for an 8-day FMCSA exemption. OOIDA members can call 816-229-5791 during business hours for support.
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Milan, N.M., located at Exit 79 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- Find out more information about OOIDA’s Truck Insurance.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.