Land Line Now, March 15, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Speed limiters are back in the news, because some lawmakers and others want them in the new highway bill – along with several other issues.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Several states dig out from a major snowstorm. A bus company wants out of certain drug and alcohol regulations. And I’ll take “Professions that shouldn’t be multitasking for $100.”
II. Common mistakes when people get a citation
People facing a ticket or citation often find themselves navigating a mine field of potential mistakes – mistakes that can cost money, license points and CSA problems. So how do you avoid those mistakes?
III. In the new Land Line Magazine
We’ll get a look at what features make up the March/April issue of Land Line Magazine – from a 7 million pound load and a truck giveaway to a fallen flag and Highway Angel.
IV. Speed limiters in the new highway bill
Speed limiters are back in the news, because some in our nation’s capital want them back in the new highway bill. We’ll cover those and other likely provisions in that legislation.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska are digging out from a major snowstorm. Find the latest road conditions for each state below:
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the Petro in Jackson, Miss. That’s at Exit 45 off Interstates 20 and 55. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon also is giving away free protective masks.
- You can learn more about the services offered by CDL Legal on their website or call them at 913-738-4836.
- If you’re a trucker not receiving Land Line Magazine and you’d like to, you can sign up here. It’s free!
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.