Land Line Now, Nov. 24, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
If you’re a trucker and you want to start your own business – meaning get your own authority – you need to consider some key factors first.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
The FMCSA wants more information on broker transparency; cargo thefts fell 18% in the third quarter; and now hiring: Chief Holiday Cheermeister.
II. Start your own business? First, consider this …
Getting your own authority is a big decision, and with most big decisions, you don’t want to dive in head first. There’s a lot to consider before you start your own business, and drivers need to do their homework before making the leap.
III. The latest, greatest mods
Some truckers are always looking the latest, greatest thing to attach to their rig to make it look hotter or work better. So what’s the hottest mod available for your truck right now?
IV. Senator likely to get key position
A U.S. senator with a background in transportation may take over an important Senate committee – just as work will start on a new highway bill.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- See what OOIDA’s Business Services Department offers here. Or you can call them at 816-229-5791.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Amarillo, Texas, located at Exit 75 off Interstate 40. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.