Land Line Now, Feb. 5, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
Finding an open sit-down restaurant along America’s interstates remains a big concern for truckers, as is getting a COVID-19 vaccination.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A Congressmen pledges to get a major truck stop chain to help with vaccine distribution. Trucking jobs fall for the first time in eight months. And this world record really takes the cake.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From a state trooper who delivered a trucker’s baby, to state lawmakers who will simply not give up on trying to make trucks heavier, we’ll tell you who in recent news has been good and who’s been bad with some Roses and Razzberries.
III. Finding a sit-down restaurant – and a vaccination
Jon Osburn says the growing food desert along America’s interstate corridors remains a big concern for truckers, but truckers are also worried about getting vaccinated against the virus themselves.
IV. Truck parking and minimum insurance – what’s next?
Yesterday, OOIDA Executive Vice President Lewie Pugh was the sole representative of the trucking industry at a hearing about protecting transportation workers during the pandemic. We’ll have a rundown of what he and others said, and explore what’s next on those issues.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Learn more about the OOIDA Safe Driving Award Program.
- Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the TA in Las Cruces, N.M. That’s at Exit 139 off Interstate 10. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon is also giving away free protective masks.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.