Land Line Now, April 16, 2021.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
You may have seen an incredibly beautiful show truck or two – but have you ever seen one that’s pink? Bryan Martin joins us to explain.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
A Congressional committee talks fixes for the Highway Trust Fund. California wants to hear from truckers about warranties. And a fish out of water – and on the highway.
II. Show truck in pink: An example of doing it right
Depending on where you are, you have a decent chance out on the road of seeing some incredibly beautiful show trucks plying their trade – some of them with pretty unusual twists in their appearance or design. So, have you ever seen one in pink? We’ll hear from Bryan Martin of the Chrome Shop Mafia.
III. A new era begins on the Spirit
Jon Osburn has made his last stop in the Spirit of the American Trucker, and Marty Ellis takes over this weekend at the Crossroads Truck Meet. Marty will discuss his plans, while Jon offers a few parting thoughts.
IV. Congressman wants to increase your insurance cost
And a bill to radically increase truckers’ insurance costs has been reintroduced in Congress, just as researchers are looking into the impact of insurance costs on truckers.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cell phone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- The California Air Resources Board wants to hear from truck drivers about the warranties that cover emission control-related repairs on their trucks. The survey is open until May 6. You can participate here.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen 2011 International Prostar 627. Find more information on the TRACER website or call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
- Starting Saturday, Marty Ellis and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Crossroads Truck Meet in California, Mo. That’s at the corner of U.S. 50 and Missouri 87. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here.
- Be sure to check out Chrome Shop Mafia and 4 State Trucks. If you have a question you’d like to ask Bryan about truck mods or technical issues, you can email him at BossManonLandLineNow@ChromeShopMafia.com.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- If you’ve been hauling COVID-19 vaccines across the country in recent weeks, we want to hear from you for a story we’re working on. Just send an email to LandLineNow@OOIDA.com and we’ll get back to you.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.