LLN (7/10/19) – With a short week, a tighter window to move goods meant higher rates for truckers. Some rates hit their highest marks since January. A storm in the gulf sent crude oil prices higher. We’ll shine a spotlight on two OOIDA board members who’ve been making headlines. And the Environmental and Public Works Committee chair still plans on a surface and transportation bill vote by Aug. 1.
0:00-9:57 – Newscast
9:57-24:42 – OOIDA Board members in the spotlight
24:42-39:4 – Van and Reefer hit highest marks since January
39:40-49:33 – And EPW committee still on track for August deadline
- The OOIDA Foundation has EPA grants to pay for 25 percent of the cost for an APU. Drivers need to have a model year 1996 through 2006 truck, and be based in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa or Nebraska. OOIDA membership is not required, but OOIDA members can get discounts on EPA-approved units. Go to OOIDA Foundation.org for details.
- Starting tomorrow, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Walcott Truckers Jamboree. That takes place at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop. Stop in, say hi to Jon and Sassi, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. See the full Spirit Schedule.
OOIDA’s board members have been making the news lately. Terry Scruton talks with general vice president Terry Button about a ride along he did with the Associated Press, and board member Dick Pingel talks about his part in a video produced by the FMCSA.
- You can see video of Terry’s ride-along here.
- You can watch Dick’s video here.
- Read more from Land Line Magazine:
A short holiday week made for a tighter window resulting in rates hitting their highest marks since January. Mary McKenna talks with Mark Montague of DAT, a company that provides market information for owner operators, carriers, brokers and shippers.
- Visit the DAT website.
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417.
- Be sure to check out their blog.
- Chat with them on Twitter.
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website.
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
A storm in the gulf sent crude oil prices higher and diesel prices are up more than a penny. Mary McKenna offers a detailed update on the price of diesel fuel and crude oil, including a break down by region and analysis.
- Here is this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, U.S. average diesel fuel price surges by a penny.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
The Environmental and Public Works Committee chair still plans on a surface and transportation bill vote by Aug. 1. Mary McKenna covers that with OOIDA’s Norita Taylor.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that at FightingForTruckers.com.
- To call members of Congress, dial 202-224-3121.
- Read OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers.