LLN (8/29/18) – Terry Scruton talks to the guys at Road Law about some shady letters targeting truckers. As summer winds down freight and rates are in a bit of a transition period. We’ll find out where the hot spots are. Also, we’ll get a look at what’s on the Congressional agenda for September.
0:00 –10:11- Newscast
10:11 – 24:51- Shady letters targeting truckers
24:51 – 40:17- A seasonal shift in freight and rates
40:17 – 50:26 – A peek at the Sept. Congressional agenda
OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen truck. The white 2013 Freightliner Cascadia has “TSH” and “Truck No. 11624” on both sides. The truck was reported stolen Aug. 27 from 5434 Farm to Market Road in Magnolia, Texas. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery.
- Find more information on the 2013 Cascadia;
- See more TRACER alerts;
- Call 202-246-2698 if you have information.
An alarming number of drivers have been getting letters in the mail containing a court summons and telling them they’ve been sued. Terry Scruton finds out more about the shady letters targeting truckers and what they can do about it from Jeff McConnell and James Mennella of Road Law. The pair also writes the “Road Law” column in Land Line Magazine about the top legal questions OOIDA receives from truckers. If you have questions or comments regarding transportation law, you can:
- Call 888-276-8000
- Fax a question to 405-242-2040;
- Send an email;
- Or click here for more information.
As summer winds down freight and rates are in a bit of a transition period. Terry Scruton finds out where the hot spots are from Peggy Dorf of DAT, a company that provides market information for owner operators, carriers, brokers and shippers.
- Visit their website, dat.com;
- Or you can call them at 800-547-5417;
- Be sure to check out their blog;
- Chat with them on Twitter;
- And find out more on the OOIDA Members Edge website;
- You can call OOIDA Members Edge at 866-487-8253.
Diesel price averages went up nearly two cents in all 10 regions in the U.S. Terry Scruton offers a detailed update on the price of diesel fuel and crude oil, including a break down by region and analysis.
- Find Daily Fuel Prices by ProMiles;
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge use OOIDA’s online Fuel Surcharge Calculator;
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
The House returns from Recess next week. The Senate has been working through August but hasn’t gotten much done. Terry Scruton gets a look at what’s on the agenda for September with Collin Long of OOIDA’s Washington, D.C., office.