Land Line Now, Oct. 30, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A prominent U.S. senator wants to tighten up trucking regulations after a newspaper’s investigative report. But will that solve the problem?
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Tropical Storm Zeta leaves more closed roads in its wake; a U.S. senator wants the FMCSA to do a better job regulating truckers; and the London fatberg strikes back – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. Roses and Razzberries
From a trucker who helped resolve an Amber Alert to whoever hit a trucker walking in a truck stop parking lot, we’ll offer up some Roses and Razzberries.
III. New Jersey, protests and broker transparency
Jon Osburn is hearing from East Coast truckers who have complaints about New Jersey, concerns about recent protests, and anger about broker transparency.
IV. Trucking regulations – senator wants more
A prominent U.S. senator wants to tighten up trucking regulations in the wake of a newspaper’s investigative report. But will his solution solve the actual problem?
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- Hurricane Zeta has left multiple roads closed in Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi. Find the latest road conditions in each state here:
- The Interstate 10 Coalition is asking truckers to participate in a survey about truck parking issues along the I-10 corridor in California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. You can take the survey here.
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- The OOIDA Foundation is offering a series of free, online classes about recent changes to the hours of service. You can find it on the OOIDA Business Education page on YouTube or at the OOIDA online education page on OOIDA’s website.
- If you want to offer up your own Rose or Razzberry for our consideration, you can submit those here.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker are at the Petro in Raphine, Va., located at Exit 205 off Interstates 81 and 64. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon Osburn is also giving away free protective masks.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.