Land Line Now, Sept. 8, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
A U.S. senator is gathering support to stop an attempted truck insurance increase from passing into law. Also, filing MCS-150 and UCR.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
Hair testing guidelines are on their way; wildfires light up the west; and the song remains the same – for a very long time – it’s today’s news in trucking.
II. It’s not hard to do it yourself
Filing your MCS-150 and UCR doesn’t have to be a hassle, and contrary to all the letters and calls you might get, you really don’t need much help doing it yourself. We’ll have some sound, money-saving advice.
III. Michigan eyes speed limits
Michigan is discussing how it sets speed limits, while Utah may borrow money to fund road work.
IV. Truck insurance increase effort targeted
A U.S. senator is gathering support to stop an attempt to an effort to push a significant truck insurance increase through Congress – in the highway bill or elsewhere.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has an online resource to provide access to information needed to operate in the current coronavirus pandemic. Click on the COVID-19 menu at the top of the page on the Land Line Media website.
- It’s helpful for our members to keep us apprised of conditions on the roads and any problems they encounter. If you have situations to report call OOIDA at 816-229-5791 or email Questions@OOIDA.com.
- Starting Wednesday, Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker will be at the Petro in York, Neb, at Exit 353 off Interstate 80. You can find upcoming Spirit stops here. Jon has free face masks as well as pneumonia and shingles vaccine vouchers.
- See what services OOIDA’s Permits and Licensing department offers here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- View notices on the Bulletin Board.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website or by calling 202-224-3121.
- Two bills currently in Congress call for truckers’ minimum insurance requirements to increase: HR 3781, a standalone bill, and HR 2, the House version of the highway bill.
- OOIDA’s TRACER system has issued an alert on a stolen truck. The white 2012 International conventional has “Gordon & TKM Trucking” written on the sides. It was last seen on State Highway 165 in Ravenel, South Carolina. A $500 reward is offered for information leading to its recovery. For more information, go to TRACERsystem.us; if you have information, call 202-246-2698.