Land Line Now, Jan. 14, 2020.
Click on the play button to hear our latest podcast.
We’ll look ahead toward planned U.S. Senate action likely to lead to approval of the replacement for NAFTA. Also, FMCSA’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
I. Today’s news with Terry Scruton
From the mysterious green ooze in Michigan to snow closing an interstate in the West, we’ll have the latest trucking news.
II. Highway funding, other issues on state agendas
State legislatures across the country are getting back to work, which means issues such as split speed limits, left lane restrictions and especially highway funding are going to be on the agenda. We’ll discuss what’s likely to come up where. Also, the courts have spoken – twice – on California’s effort to redefine who can be an independent contractor. But the battle is far from over. OOIDA has issued an information update.
III. Answers on the drug and alcohol clearinghouse
The FMCSA’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse has had its share of problems – many of which truckers have experienced. That includes simply getting the website to work. We’ll have some advice on how to proceed.
IV. Replacement for NAFTA moving forward
A U.S. Senate committee will take action Wednesday that will likely lead to approval of the replacement for NAFTA. And it still, at this point, contains provisions to fix problems with cross-border trucking.
Subscribe to Land Line Now
Go to Land Line Now on the Bullhorn app, or the Bullhorn website’s Land Line Now page, and click on the follow button. Bullhorn lets you listen to our program without using limited data on your cellphone plan – by allowing you to listen through a phone call.
Links, email addresses, phone numbers and more information
- OOIDA has scheduled the next Truck to Success live seminar for May 5-7 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Blue Springs, Mo. You can learn more on the OOIDA Online Education website.
- Jon Osburn and the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA in Santa Nella, Calif. That’s at Exit 407 on Interstate 5. Find the upcoming Spirit stops here.
- To read about legislation in a particular state, visit Land Line Magazine’s Daily News By State
- You can read OOIDA’s California AB5 update here.
- Find out more about the FMCSA’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse online.
- It’s never too late to share your views with lawmakers. You can do that on the Fighting for Truckers website.